You need to click and drag the widgets that you would like to use into your sidebars. The Primary Sidebar displays the widgets when you are using either of the 2 column layouts, and on the left side of the 3 column layout, and the Secondary Sidebar displays widgets when you are using only the 3 column layout.
- In the WP-Admin area, go to APPEARANCE > WIDGETS
- Add and remove any Widgets you want to the sidebars by dragging and dropping theme in place. You can also move widgets above and below other widgets in a sidebar by dragging and dropping.
Recommended Use: This is just a suggestion of how to configure your sidebar (See FIG A)
- Add the TB Featured Content widget to the Primary Sidebar
- Change the Title to “Featured Trips”
- Then for any Trip Post you want to show in this sidebar, go to the Post and check the “Feature in Widget” checkbox
- Add the TB Global Google Map widget to the Primary Sidebar
- Change the Title to “Map of My Trip”
- All of the latest locations that you have mapped in your Trip Posts will be displayed here.
- Add the TB Latest Content widget to the Primary Sidebar
- Change the Title to “Travel Events” and select the Travel Events Category from the drop down.
- Now all your latest Posts you assign to the Travel Events category will display in your sidebar.
|FIG A: Configure widgets|